For the development of the UL Botanical Garden

For the development of the UL Botanical Garden

LU Botāniskā dārza labiekārtošana

1.534€ of 50.000€ raised

Not deducted for administrative expenses

Payment type:

Donation summ: €

Select Payment Method
Personal Info

Foundation "Latvijas Universitātes fonds"

Reg. No. 40003412490

Vaļņu iela 10-2, Rīga, Latvija, LV-1050

Donation Total: 20,00€

Error: You must agree to the privacy policy.

Error: You must agree to the terms of the donation and the return / refund conditions of the donation.

MasterCard, Visa logos

Secure online purchases with Mastercard and Visa

LU Botanical Garden is the oldest botanical garden in Latvia, which was founded in 1922. It serves as a great place to study and relax. 

The development plan of the territory also proposes increasing the territory available to visitors, as well as supplementing it with new sightseeing objects. Donations are also required for other projects: 

  • reconstruction of the plant house complex; 
  • renewal of the gardening machinery; 
  • reconstruction of the historical ice cellar; 
  • improvement of the exhibition and event centre; 
  • restoration of rhododendron plantations along Vīlipa Street; 
  • creation of a formal garden by the buildings of Wolfschmidt manor. 

Uldis Kondratovičs

Director of the Botanical Garden of the University of Latvia

I see the UL Botanical Garden as a green adornment of the University of Latvia, located almost in the middle of Riga. The mission of the Botanical Garden is to preserve, maintain and enrich plant biodiversity "ex situ", that is, outside its natural habitats, as well as research, education and popularization of plants in a variety of forms. The various public events are only as an added value where additional revenue can be made, but it does not cover the costs – in 2018 this revenue represented 35% of the total income. The remaining 65% consisted of UL funding, science funding, linked project funding, as well as donations.

Every donation matters

Gratitude to every donator!

  • Jānis Švirksts FC
  • Roberts Rostoks
  • Uldis Kondratovičs FB
  • Karine Paronyanc
  • Anonymous FB
  • Māra Pakalne
  • Anita Līce FPMO
  • Rihards Blese FSS
  • Laura Ansone FB
  • Anonymous
  • Lolita Kostjukova FBME
  • Lolita Kostjukova
  • Anonymous
  • Laila Ozoliņa
  • Anonymous
  • Edgars Liepa FC
  • Lolita Kostjukova FBME
  • Lolita Kostjukova FBME
  • Laura Ansone FB
  • Pēteris Cikmačs
  • Elīna Didrihsone
  • Anžela Gromova
  • Anonymous FGES
  • Lolita Kostjukova FBME
  • Anonymous FGES
  • Rihards Ruska FPMO
  • Anonymous FB
  • Anonymous FH
  • Anonymous FL
  • Anonymous FGES
  • Anonymous FBME
  • Anonymous FC
  • Anonymous FM
  • Anonymous FH
  • Anonymous FC
  • Anonymous FC
  • Helvijs Niedra FB
  • Aija Gerharde FGES
  • Rihards Ruska FC
  • Janis Luksevics Other